Tuesday 11 August 2009

T minus four days

I know you're all waiting with baited breath to hear my latest rant over whatever news piece has been published today, or perhaps where to find a nice set of Henckels knives over in the Land o' Lawrence.

Well, you're just going to have to wait another day.  I'm knackered.

The air freight crew (all one of them) spent 7 hours here yesterday packing up our 1,001.2 lbs. of stuff.  After a delicious meal of ready-made whatever from the Waitrose, we rearranged a few more things and closed up a few more boxes.  The container arrived today promptly at 0900 and it took three stout lads from the local removals firm just over an hour to load it. Barring any antics by somali pirates (I'm not even going to dignify them by capitalising the "s" in "somali"), we'll see that again sometime in the last week of September.  The house has been hoovered and dusted, and I'm actually cooking dinner for the first time in several days.

So I hope you'll all pardon me if I don't write a juicy little tidbit about that expat couple who got arrested the other day for kissing each other hello.

Because right now, I just don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment