Friday 14 August 2009

Last day

Here I am, having my usual morning coffee and doing my usual morning things -- reading the news, writing my blog, laundering clothes, making the bed, going to the Friday morning market. And a few unusual morning things, like emptying out the refrigerator, pulling the last few bits of clothing out of the wardrobe, tucking the barbeque away in the shed.

Because it's our last day here in the UK.

In less than twenty-four hours, we'll be on a plane (business class, thank you very much).  In less than forty-eight hours, I'll be finished with my medical check-up and my residency visa will be in the process of getting done.  A day and a half after that, we'll probably be at the British Club answering trivia questions at quiz night.  The spare time in between work and play will be filled with shopping for a mattress, investigating the villa, buying furniture, and planning the garden.  Our work week will change from Monday-Friday to Sunday-Thursday.

This is, without a doubt, the strangest experience of my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment