Tuesday 4 August 2009

From all things Abu Dhabi to none

It's amazing how many non-Abu Dhabi-related posts there are on Abu Dhabi forums (ok, for once I'm including the Dubai forums even though, as we are now aware, it's a different city). I mean things that have NOTHING to do with living in Abu Dhabi, or anywhere in the mideast, for that matter.

I offer a few selections of forum subject lines from the past week for your reading pleasure:

"Am I a good mum?"
"How to shop with a baby"
"Who's your favourite politically correct TEFL-er?"
"Gay penguins split in love triangle shock"
"Travelling to Bangkok this summer?"
"Qatar"
"Wedding anniversary present for my husband"

I'll admit that the initiators of these threads have something in common: they happen to live in the UAE, so naturally they are members of a UAE-related discussion forum. But it seems to me that these questions are just as likely to be answered on, say, the Life in Omaha Forum or the Bahamian Beachcombers Discussion Group.

And I, for one, am getting a little weary of sifting through the myriad postings on which type of baby formula to use or how disgusting weevils are when I'm looking for information on document attestation in the UAE.

Thank you for listening. Rant over.

1 comment:

  1. You made some decent points there.I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this web site.

    property shop investment

    ReplyDelete