Saturday 11 July 2009

Why this site?

Now that's over with, let me get to the reason behind this site.

There are actually sites out there telling one How To Do Things In Abu Dhabi.  Two immediately come to mind:


The latter, even though a bit Dubaicentric, can have plenty of relevant information on it.  It can also have plenty of irrevelant information.  One problem with both of them is that, well, I can't control the content or its organisation.  And I like to control things.  There are other problems, too, but I'll leave those to your imagination.

What I envision is less of a blog and more of an encyclopoedia (sprinkled with my musings).  Topics to be covered will include:

Red Tape (documentation, paperwork, visas, etc.)
Eatable Abu Dhabi (where to go for the really good grub)
Mr Khalifa's Neighbourhood (the low-down on where to live)
Shopaholics Anonymous (where to buy what)
I Enjoy Being a Girl (women's stuff from manicures to fancy dresses)
Nightmare on Electra Street (appliances and electronics)
Telecom 101 (telephony, broadband, satellite TV)
The Doctor's Office (healthcare)
Gym Rats (exercise, fitness, and other active pursuits)
The Men's Room (sort of the opposite of I Enjoy Being a Girl)
Two Lead Feet (automobiles and driving)

and whatever else comes to mind as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment