Monday 27 July 2009

Newsflash: Jones the Grocer coming to Abu Dhabi

I'm going to be completely honest here: I never heard of Jones the Grocer before this morning, but I think I'm in love already (sorry honey). While the Aussies are laughing, I think I best explain this to the Yanks and Brits:

Jones the Grocer (actually, "jones the grocer" a la e.e. cummings) is a gourmet food shop, bakery, fromagerie, and cafĂ©, all rolled into one.  And it's coming to Abu Dhabi later this month, according to this article from The National.

Not that food shopping in Abu Dhabi currently leaves too much to be desired.  The Carrefour at Marina Mall is well-stocked with pretty much everything I would want, and the Spinneys in Al Khalidiya sells plenty of Waitrose-branded products, cheese, Welsh lamb, and even pork.  The first time I visited Carrefour I even took some pictures of the produce and spices:



Not bad, eh?

I have a feeling Jones the Grocer is going to be even better.

For one, it's going to have a 16 square-meter cheese room.  Truffle oil.  Wagyu beef.  (Is it time for lunch yet?).  And as an added bonus, it'll be within walking distance from our new home.

It's days like this when I think that living in Abu Dhabi really isn't going to be much of a hardship.


1 comment:

  1. That would be worth the wait. And setting up in Abu Dhabi, you can just imagine the price adjustment and the choices lain down for you.


    property shop investment

    ReplyDelete